VACANCY FOR A FIELD FEMALE COORDINATOR
To be based in Beitunyia office in Ramallah
Interested candidates are required to send a Motivation Letter
as well as a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by this Thursday 14/1/2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted:
The PCPD received a grant from the European Commission to implement a project entitled: Civil Society for Dignity. This proposed action is a joint intervention by the applying organizations (PCR, PCPD, MEND and PAX) in close cooperation with other relevant CSOs and grassroots movements from all over the West Bank and East Jerusalem with a specific focus on women and youth. The action will contribute to the overall objective to “enable Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to play their legitimate role as advocates and watchdogs in Palestine”. A participatory approach has been adopted to design the action, through consultations with many relevant stakeholders, including youth, individuals as well as groups, various CSOs and grassroots movements and local authorities. Furthermore, the action has been shaped on the basis of knowledge, skills and field experiences gained from past actions in this field including youth empowerment, bridging the gap between citizens and their representatives, gender equality, local and national advocacy, and social cohesion as well as actions focusing on accountability, integrity and good governance. The participatory approach will continue throughout the action via trainings, especially in participatory video, and feedback loops.
As a result, PCPD is willing to recruit a young female to work as a field coordinator in this project. The recruited person should be:
- Responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project, including risk assessment.
- Leads delivery of the overall Project Theory of Change commitments in line with plans and activities, and within
- an adaptive management approach that responds to the needs of project participants
- Responsible for budget management to ensure financial accountability and accurate financial reporting to donors;
- Ensures compliance with donor regulations in all areas including financial management, record keeping and procurement.
- Oversees the monitoring and evaluation of the overall project, monitors program activities and results achievement status measured against the approved results framework, work plan and budget forecast.
- Use appropriate methodologies during the project to best show its impact.
- Supports internal knowledge exchange around Programme learning to generate continual improvement of
- support, results and learning
- Collects and consolidates progress, intermediate and final narrative and financial reports for submission to the
- Convenes meetings, providing strong strategic direction for the partnership and a clear articulation of the Project’s vision and purpose.
- Overseas the partners’ communication activities including production of media tools
- Conducts site field visits to monitor progress and support the project partners as needed.
- Represents the Project effectively to the donor and the project partners
- Undertakes other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the executive director of the PCPD.
- Respects the internal bylaws, systems and regulations at the PCPD
Represents the PCPD in donor meetings and coordination platforms.
Proactively develops, coordinates and maintains productive relationships with project stakeholders, in
coordination with the PCPD executive director
Ensures proactive coordination in the field to ensure complementarity and avoid duplication and
Ensures the visibility of the project and activities with relevant national and international audiences.
Knowledge and Experience
Relevant academic degree in gender/women’s studies, democracy, peace building, human rights, political or social sciences or a related field is required
Minimum 5 years of relevant employment experience in project management, including project
planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting
Demonstrated experience in effectively coordinating with multiple partners and stakeholders, including
government agencies and donors
Experience in managing projects focused on women, peace and security, women/gender justice, gender
equality, participation, SGBV prevention and response for women and girls preferred
Demonstrated strong track record of influencing and campaigning preferred
Demonstrated experience in collecting, integrating, and disseminating learnings
Previous experience with community-based programming preferred;
Demonstrated experience in leading/managing a team;
Good understanding of the Palestinian political context
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Strong spoken and written English skills, including demonstrated reporting ability;
- Demonstrated people management skills;
- Demonstrated financial management skills;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Attention to detail with strong follow up;
- Team oriented, with ability to work efficiently independently;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - word processing, spread sheets, etc.